VII Balearic Meeting of European Residents and Young GPs of Ibamfic
It is a great honor for us to invite you to the VII Balearic Meeting of European Residents and Young GPs of the Ibamfic (Balearic Society of Family and Community Medicine), which will be held in Palma de Mallorca on September 6th and 7th of 2019.
In this seventh edition, we want to share our perspective about TEAMWORK.
After “thinking outside the box” we will show how to improve health in our patients, in our community and in ourselves working all together. Cause is “Better Together”!
Individuals possess diverse talents, weaknesses, strengths and habits, while teamwork structures provide a diversity of thought, creativity, perspectives, opportunities, and problem-solving approaches.
With the teamwork we can motivate the whole primary care team to work toward the same goal in harmony: healthier patients and healthier doctors.
Sessions will be taught mostly by GP experts in each one of the subjects and the official language of the Meeting will be English (Easy English format).
One more time, assistants will be able to increase their participation in the event by sending scientific works (research, professional experiences, clinical cases...). The best oral communication will be awarded with 1 inscription to the 25th WONCA Europe Conference (Berlin, 24th-27th June 2020). We received great feedbacks last year and we will introduce some suggested changes in this Balearic Meeting.
The Meeting has been organized without the participation of the pharmaceutical industry, with a low cost format, to promote the assistance of young doctors.
For the occasion, we are also organizing our traditional Conference Exchange, inviting residents and young doctors from all Europe, who will enjoy a rotation week in a GP practice in Palma de Mallorca, thanks to the collaboration of the Vasco Da Gama Movement.
We are working with great enthusiasm so that you can enjoy a unique and unforgettable experienc. The Balearic Society of Family and Community Medicine and Vasco da Gama Movement encourage you to participate in this Meeting & Conference Exchange; you will not be disappointed!!!
President: Dr. Matteo Mannucci
Assistants: Dr. Arnau Rosselló, Dr. Enrique Álvarez Porta, Dr. Gracia Julià, Dr. Elena Bonet, Dr. Cristina García
Balearic Exchange Team: Dr. Laura Bueno, Dr. Lola Acerete, Dr Alba Gómez, Dr. Laura Crespo, Dr Maria Poveda
President: Dr. Cristina Guerra
Assistants: Dr. Rafael Hernández, Dr. Laura López, Dr. Francisco Reus, Dr. Celia López
**************NEW WORKSHOPS AVAILABLES**************
9:30-10.15h Session - Deprescription Dr Caterin Vicens, Dr Xisco Reus, Maria Lluisa Sastre
10:15-11:00h Session - Teamwork Dr José Gregorio Polo
11-11:30h Coffee Break + Oral Posters Exposition
11:30-12:15h Session - Leadership Dr Juan Pablo Leiva Santos
12:15-13:00h Session - Health Advice for Travellers Dr Javier Arranz
14:30h Opening Act
14:45h Opening Conference - "If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together. " Dr Adrian Castellote Tena
8:00-8:30h Running Together - Running along the seaside of Palma
9:30-10:15h International Debate Session, Conference Exchange participants
10:15-11:00h The Vasco da Gama Movement - Dr Elena Klusova
11:00-11:30h Oral Exposition: Posters
11:30-12:00h Coffee Break + Oral Posters Exposition
12:00-13:30h Oral Exposition: Scientific Works
13:30-14:30h Team Trivial
14:30h Closing Ceremony & Awards
GP Ultrasound Scanning Dr Jitka Mudrychova, Dr Ignacio Ramirez, Dr Josep Corcoll 3h15 minutes
Spirometry & Respiratory Therapies Dr Miguel Román, Dr Lucía Gorreto 1h30 minutes
Basic Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Dr Agustín Romero 1h30 minutes
Psicodrama (Spanish) Dr Oriol Lafau, Isabel Navarro 1h30 minutes
Symptoms Management in Palliative Care Dr Enrique Alvarez 1h30 minutes
STD Serologies Dr Javier Arranz 1h30 minutes
Assent and consent in Clinical Ethics Dr Sergi Verd, Jonathan McFarland 1h30 minutes
Ultrasound and Basic CPR Workshops' registration can close soon. We have a limited number of applicant to ensure the quality of the practical part of the Workshop.
Adrián Castellote Tena (Zaragoza, 1984)
Family Doctor in the Antarctica
Adrián always tried to combine medicine and travels, his two main passions, as you see in the picture, in the best way he could.
He always cared about his patients in their own environment and ended up working as a rural doctor in a remote village in La Gomera (Canarias), a small island.
He is curious about visiting every new place, with a special interest in remote and inaccesible areas.
Some moths ago, when he was offered to sail along Antartica in a 118 years old tall ship as the ship's doctor of the expedition, he just couldn't say no.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: July 7th, 2019
Scientific communications and clinical reports related to Family Medicine will be admitted. You may also submit contributions on research projects (even in the absence of the final results), experiences relevant to Family Medicine and Critical Incidents from your GP Residence and/or in your experience as Young GP.
All works must be submitted in English.
At least one of the authors must be fully registered in the meeting.
FORMAT AND CONTENT OF COMMUNICATIONS
Type of communication:
• Original research
• Research Projects
• Clinical cases
• Critical Incidents (from GP Residence and/or Young GP experience)
All communications must contain the following basic information:
- Title: Maximum 2 lines.
- Authors: The order in which the names appear will be used for editing certificates and may not be modified after submission.
-Corresponding author: Full name, email and telephone (or fax). All information about the status of the communication will be send exclusively to the Corresponding Author.
- Affiliations: Center/institute, city and country.
- Keywords: 3 keywords, included into the Medical Subject Headings List (Mesh terms).
The main text of the abstract must not exceed 350 words and it must contain the most relevant information as background, objectives, methods, results (in case of original reports and projects), conclusions and scope. Abbreviations must be avoided, but if used, they should be indicated in parentheses and the full term should precede its first use. No figures, graphs, tables, acknowledgments and references must be included. Neither data about author affiliation (Center/institute, city and country) nor health center identification must appear in the abstract section.
An author can figure in a maximum of 6 abstracts.
ORIGINAL RESEARCH/RESEARCH PROJECT
You have the opportunity to present an original report or research project. You can also present the protocol of some Project pending to perform (in which case the results and conclusions may be absent). The abstract will be structured in the following sections:
· Introduction: Explain why you did the study or provide the background for the paper.
· Methods: Describe the context and setting of the study, specify the study design, population, sampling strategy, intervention (if applicable), identify the
main study variables, data collection instruments and procedures and outline analysis methods.
· Results: Report on data collection and/or recruitment, the participants, present key findings with respect to the central research question and secondary findings.
· Discussion: Place for interpreting the results explaining the main findings of the study, discussing the main results with reference to previous research, explaining policy and practice implications of the results and limitations of the study.
· Conclusions: You can state inferences or speculations and offer perspectives for future work.
This group of communications offers you the chance of presenting those events occurred during your clinical practice whose outcome has surprised you, troubled you or induced an self-reflexion. It doesn’t need to be a “critical” situation for its severity, but a situation that it has taken you to make a critique about it.
The abstract will include a maximum of … words and will be structured in the following sections:
· Case description: information, context, emotions, confrontation of the situation and outcome.
· Presented dilemmas: questions, reflexions that the situation brought to yourself.
· Learning objectives
· Discussion: importance of the topic of this critical incident, opinions based or not in scientific evidence, teaching extracted from it.
CLINICAL CASE/ CASE REPORT
The communication of clinical cases will be focused in the Primary Care environment, in which a follow up or a diagnose have been made, with or without the help of Secondary Care, but where the labor of the GP has been relevant.
The abstract will include a maximum of … words and will be structured in the following sections:
· Case presentation: environment, relevant background, actual complaints and relevant information from interview
· Physical examination
· Clinical judgement: including differential diagnosis
· Management: complementary tests, treatment and evolution.
You can present innovative experiences about assistance, teaching or any other kind that, by its approach or by its results, may be of special interest to those attending the congress. The abstract will be structured in the following sections:
· Objectives of the experience: what did you pretend to achieve when you thought about organizing this experience and why did you think it could be relevant to carry it out.
· Description of the experience
· Results: outcome of the experience
· Conclusions: what makes this experience important to be presented and what can bring to other professionals who would like to apply it.
Authors must fully fill the electronic form of the bottom at this section.
Remember that Neither data about author affiliation (Center/institute, city and country) nor health center identification must appear in the abstract section.
In case of doubt contact to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scientific Committee will send a confirmation letter by email to inform if the abstract was accepted or rejected. In order to be admitted, at least one member of the team must be registered in the Meeting.
Oral communications: Power Point format is recommended. Limit of oral presentation: 6 minutes. Discussion and questions: 2 minutes. Power Point file must be delivered to Scientific Committee on September 14th during the welcome-registration period.
We will use only electronic poster this year (to reduce paper waste).
Electronic Posters with oral defense: Authors must use the official Power Point in HORIZONTAL orientation that will be displayed on a TV screen (so you don’t need to print it, let’s save trees!:). Posters should have the same contents mentioned in the summary. However, it is possible to modify the composition and template background. Inclusion of graphics, drawings, photos, etc, is allowed. Posters will be installed in their corresponding space at the first hour of the day. It is mandatory that at least one author must be present during the poster exhibition for answer questions from Scientific Committee members or meeting attendees. Limit for poster presentation: 5 minutes.
Authors must use the official poster template provided by the Meeting and send it by email at least one week before the meeting begins.
Electronic posters: E-posters consist in a single Power Point slide that will be displayed on a TV screen. Authors must use the official poster template provided by the Meeting and send it by email at least one week before the meeting begins.
The best communications (Oral and Poster) will receive a certificate at the Awards Ceremony.
The Best Poster Award will be voted by the participants at the BM7 themselves!
Awards for communications
- Best Communication Award: Registration fee for 1 person for the 25th WONCA Europe Conference (Berlin, June 2020).
- Best Poster Award: will be voted by the participants at the BM7 themselves. The jury will conduct a closed door scrutiny and the result will be communicated at the awards ceremony. In case of a tie, the jury will vote among the posters that have obtained the same number of votes.
All certificates will be given on Saturday 7th to the Attendants, Corresponding Author, Awarded.
The VII Balearic Meeting Conference Exchange will be held on September 2nd to September 5th of 2019. It will consist in a 4 days rotation at a Health Center during the previous days of the VII Balearic Meeting of European Residents & Young GPs of Ibamfic. As you well know, the Exchangees will shadow a GP in order to learn more about the Spanish Health System. It will include the inscription fee for the VII Balearic Meeting of European Residents & Young GPs, which will be held in Palma de Mallorca on September 6th and 7th of 2019.
We are pleased to inform you that we are implementing many new improvements for this year’s Conference Exchange.
Therefore, we are offering 10 places in Palma de Mallorca.
We are also very excited about the fantastic Leisure Programme that will provide an unforgettable combination of learning and social events. We are organizing a series of wonderful activities in the afternoons that will give you the opportunity to meet and share experiences with the other Exchangees, discover our stunning island and learn about our history and traditions, all while having a great time.
Here are the details for the Conference Exchange. Please, contact your National Exchange Coordinator of the Vasco da Gama Movement to send your application, BEFORE JULY 7th 2019.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE CONFERENCE EXCHANGE:
• CE places available: 10
• Registration: free registration for the VII Balearic Meeting of European Residents & Young GPs.
• Accommodation: not included.
• Mandatory Schedule:
◦ 4 days Health Center rotation shadowing a GP.
◦ Monday to Thursday from 8:00h to 15:00h.
◦ Assistance to the VII Balearic Meeting & Participation in the Debate Session with all the Exchangees (on September 7th in the morning).
• Leisure Programme: Afternoons from 16:45h to 21h approx.
• Applications: contact your National Exchange Coordinator of the Vasco da Gama Movement. DEADLINE: JULY 7th 2019.
SemFYC members: 50 euros.
Non members: 75 euros.
Conference Exchange participants: free.
Friday's lunch (Finger Food)
Capacity: 150 places.
Deadline to register: July 14th 2019.